Join us and the Vancouver Elks Lodge 823 for another fun night of swing dancing and big band jazz. The general public is welcome - you do not have to be an Elks member to attend. Tickets are $15 and available here: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/fall-ball-with-music-by-vanport-jazz-band-tickets-50187787022. Ticket price includes a chili dinner. Dance lessons will be available from experienced instructors Joseph and Julianne. The music starts at 7:30.
More about the dance instructors:
Joseph and Julieann have a passion for teaching everyone to dance - from teenagers to 90 year olds. They are especially well known for making classes fun and easy.
The duo have offered classes together for 12 years. Julieann has honed her dancing skills through years of belly dancing, yoga and the creative arts. Joseph has taught ballroom dancing since the age of 18, when he began his dancing career as an instructor for Arthur Murray Studios in Davenport, IA. While at Arthur Murray's, he took several students on to regional dance competitions in the Midwest, many receiving gold medals
· "I love your method, fun, easy to follow...really stress free, again fun!" Marianne B.
· "Joseph and Julieann are utterly delightful. They make the learning easy and tremendous fun. Especially amazing is their skill at building community out of the group. Thank you for a great time!" - Lee S.
· "Joseph and Julieann have a wonderfully welcoming spirit. They make learning to dance like a party." - Sarah A.
· "Awesome! Mondays are something to look forward to now. It's wonderful - a gift from God!" - Barry D.
· "Joseph and Julieann are the most enthusiastic and supportive dance teachers imaginable. The classes include people of varying ability but everyone is made to feel successful. Their warmth and sometimes silliness is infectious and makes for a fun time for everyone." - Mary P.
· "You guys are the best dance teachers in town. We've had several others and I never really got turned on to dancing this way before" - Mike P.
VanPort Jazz and Tony Starlight return to Aurora Colony Vineyards! Don't miss this rare opportunity to see Tony front a swinging big band! Tickets available at https://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/3445322, $10 advance/$15 at the door.
Join us at the Clark College Big Band Bash! Admission is free and the music is incredible.
Join us and the Vancouver Elks at this USO themed swing dance! Tickets are $15 in advance, $25 at the door and include dinner. A no host bar will be available. Get tickets here:
5pm cash bar cocktail hour.
6pm Spaghetti buffet served.
6:45 The Colors will be posted by the Young Marines.
7-9pm Dancing to The VanPort Jazz Band!
1940’s period costumes (WWII era) are encouraged but not required.
Open to the public, Elks membership not required to attend.
$16 online at Eventbrite ($25 at the door)
Get this popular event on your dance calendar now, tickets usually sell out fast. The Friends of Fort Vancouver will be sponsoring this event again in 2018 at the historic Pearson Air Museum, and VanPort Jazz will once again provide the live swing music. Tickets are going fast and available at: https://friendsfortvancouver.org/get-tickets.
Join us on Veteran's Day at the Tony Starlight Showroom as we again hook up with Tony Starlight for a night of Sinatra tunes. From Tony's site: "Tony sings Sinatra with the VanPort Big Band, with a special salute to veterans. Either way, this show will be swingin’ time! We’ll play such favorites as “The Lady Is A Tramp”, “New York, New York” and “I’ve Got You Under My Skin”. Add an intimate saloon song or two like “Angel Eyes” or “One For My Baby” and we’ll have a ring-a-ding-ding time!"
Tickets are available at
The Friends of Fort Vancouver are hosting a Swing Back to the 50s dance at the historic Pearson Air Museum on September 23, 2017. Join us for a swinging night of fun and dancing! Tickets are $30 and must be purchased in advance at www.friendsfortvancouver.org or at the Friends Shop at the Fort Vancouver Visitor Center, 1501 E Evergreen Blvd, Vancouver WA 98661. Proceeds from this event benefit education programs at the Fort Vancouver National Historic Site.
VanPort Jazz is teaming up with Tony Starlight to present an exciting show in the style and tradition of Frank Sinatra and Count Basie. This is a unique opportunity to hear Tony Starlight front a dynamic big band.Come to the Aurora Colony Vineyards to hear us in a beautiful setting! Tickets available at http://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/2997532 . $13 in advance, $15 at the door.
FYI we are moving the event inside the tasting room to escape the heat.