Join us and the Vancouver Elks Lodge 823 for another fun night of swing dancing and big band jazz. The general public is welcome - you do not have to be an Elks member to attend. Tickets are $15 and available here: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/fall-ball-with-music-by-vanport-jazz-band-tickets-50187787022. Ticket price includes a chili dinner. Dance lessons will be available from experienced instructors Joseph and Julianne. The music starts at 7:30.
More about the dance instructors:
Joseph and Julieann have a passion for teaching everyone to dance - from teenagers to 90 year olds. They are especially well known for making classes fun and easy.
The duo have offered classes together for 12 years. Julieann has honed her dancing skills through years of belly dancing, yoga and the creative arts. Joseph has taught ballroom dancing since the age of 18, when he began his dancing career as an instructor for Arthur Murray Studios in Davenport, IA. While at Arthur Murray's, he took several students on to regional dance competitions in the Midwest, many receiving gold medals
· "I love your method, fun, easy to follow...really stress free, again fun!" Marianne B.
· "Joseph and Julieann are utterly delightful. They make the learning easy and tremendous fun. Especially amazing is their skill at building community out of the group. Thank you for a great time!" - Lee S.
· "Joseph and Julieann have a wonderfully welcoming spirit. They make learning to dance like a party." - Sarah A.
· "Awesome! Mondays are something to look forward to now. It's wonderful - a gift from God!" - Barry D.
· "Joseph and Julieann are the most enthusiastic and supportive dance teachers imaginable. The classes include people of varying ability but everyone is made to feel successful. Their warmth and sometimes silliness is infectious and makes for a fun time for everyone." - Mary P.
· "You guys are the best dance teachers in town. We've had several others and I never really got turned on to dancing this way before" - Mike P.